The Societies' library in Münster (photographed by Robert Dylka)

The Societies’ library in Münster (photographed by Robert Dylka)

The outstanding library of the Society has been compiled since 1878 and burned during the air raid on Leibzig in 1943 along with its archive and the archeological and ethnological collections of the Society. After the second World War, the library was slowly recompiled.  It is therefore a postwar library based on the exchange between the ZDPV and similar journals.

Since 2017, the library is located at the University of Münster (journals) and at the Humboldt University in Berlin (monographs). For details, please consult the German version of this page.